Friday 30 September 2011

Food , food and food

As the title shown, this post is about food. These are all the food/meals that I had recently.

1st, my mid-autumn dinner. We had a hard time playing traditional lantern + candles that day due to the rain but thanks to the amazing cook in the house -- my mum, we had a luxury dinner.





Ta da~ Isn't my mum awesome? ^^

******************************************************

I passed by a bakery after I cut my hair the other day. Since my hair is a disaster (I don't understand why people always cut my fringe so short till it cover nothing, I really don't look good with extremely short fringe = =), I'd decided to buy myself a cake. Plus it's been awhile since our family had our last cake. It's not a big cake though (I've forgotten the actual size, 6 inch maybe?) To my surprise, as attractive as it looks like, it tastes good too. (Sorry I have this mindset that good looking thing doesn't necessarily means it's good inside as well).

 Small cake with quite sweet chocolate slices~

 A closer look~ All the fruits on top are tomatoes, interesting huh?

Butter cake with chocolate + vanilla layers~

I believed this yellow thing here is a kind of tomatoes. Although it tasted like a tomato, it is extremely sour and I don't know why >.<



******************************************************

This Monday me and my friends went to Ying Ker Lou (迎客楼) @ The Gardens to celebrate one of our friend's birthday. I wasn't that hungry so I ordered the chicken porridge which looks like the smallest portion  food on the menu. Turned out the porridge is quite a a big portion, and it was served a free drink and a dessert. 

 A very big bowl of chicken porridge, a small bowl of sweet dumpling and a glass of barli.

A red sweet dumpling cooked with dragon fruit and a lot of ginger. 

That's why it looks red and it tasted like normal sweet dumpling, just that it was too spicy. Too many gingers!! I can't finish it after I tasted it once. Luckily my friend was willing enough to help me finish it. She also helped me finish the other half of my porridge. I really wasn't feel like want to eat that day = = 

But I had fun that day and I enjoyed filming my version of birthday song as a birthday gift for the birthday girl. The birthday girl loves the video/birthday gift so much ^^ And now I know why so many people like to filming themselves singing or doing interesting thing, it was FUN!! I might get addicted to it =p

No comments:

Post a Comment